Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Design 4 Media: Studio Project (Step 2b)

Since last week I explored color and pattern on various versions of Em and picked one that I felt work the best, this week I expanded on that. I drew this version of Em that I chose as the final version, or atleast, the one I feel works best for what I'm trying to convey in my animation. I also came up with what type of story I'd like to do. The basic backbone of my short animation is that Em is walking alone, until she comes across a beat up old stuffed animal on the ground. She takes an immediate liking to it, seeming to identify with it. As she holds it close to her though and gives it a hug, another girl comes up and claims that it's her doll, taking it away from Em and leaving her once again by herself. I worked on various sketches along this storyline to give/get a basic feel of imagery. I did quick sketches of Em by herself to kind of set the mood of the story, and also with the stuffed animal. When she comes across it by herself, when she finds it, her reaction, and then when it is taken back away from her.




Then, I selected some of these sketches and brought them into Photoshop, using the same design elements as I had before. I did try a few different things to make sure that what I was doing was right for the story/mood. I attempted a yellow surrounding instead of pink, but found that I didn't think it worked as much as the pink did. I think that the more simple the color pallet for this project the more it works. So, I will most likely mainly stick to black, white, and pink. I'm not completely sure about this yet, however.





No comments: