Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Project 4: Junkanoo (Light Abstractions)

For this project I wanted to do something more abstract, so I listened to this type of music (Junkanoo), and took note of what basically made it up. Bright colors were obviously important, as well as a chaotic and unpredictable rhythm. It also seemed to be highly experimental, with no real rules or guidelines. It's full of spontaneity. I thought that light could show color, rhythm, and spontaneous changes well, so I decided to make a series of photographs by just abstracting light in an experimental way. Except for the bright colors, none of these photos have been changed from how they were originally taken.







4 comments:

Shaan :) said...

Wow.

eddy the reds said...

very beautiful

Charlotte said...

I believe that your choice of "painting with light" will complement the music... neat idea, but I want you to really consider the "light pairings" in all of the costumes (since the costumes are integral to the music). Every color is outlined in white--keep this in-mind when you are taking your photographs (or video).
Move beyond the example I showed you... find a clip that interests you and then tell us exactly which part you are going to use (the run-time).
Missing Color Graph--please post ASAP

Unknown said...

these look cool, it will be interesting to see how you'll move this. I agree with Charlotte, find something else, there is some crazy stuff out there, i.e. this insanity!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LLhhqx5uAM

I don't even know whats happening there. lol. have fun with it!