Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Design for Media: Studio Project (Step4c)

This time I attempted to animate the facial features of my character using After Effects. Once again I assumed it would be easier than it was, but it was still definitely fun and I was pleased with the result until I saw how quickly it played once rendered.

Obviously with my character there aren't many facial features to animate, but what I attempted was zooming in on her face, a breeze through her hair, and then her reaction which is slightly hunching her shoulders and a smile with squinting eyes. Once again, it turned out much faster of an animation than I would have liked it to be, but hopefully this is something I'll learn to catch earlier on in the creating process.

This is definitely getting to be quite enjoyable, actually. It was especially fun (and hardest) to create the seperate pieces of hair and animate them by themselves. This simple animation took me hours, however.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Neat! Neat! Neat! Great progress! Did you try the Warp tool to animate the hair? I'm really glad that you are enjoying your project. That's the best part...